Throughout the weeks of August, takeaways have been experiencing a decline in trade on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday due to the Governments “Eat Out to Help Out” scheme.
With this said, it’s time to sharpen your oil management skills to ensure you aren’t discarding any unnecessary frying medium.
Here are five top tips to help you maintain premium oil during quieter periods:
- Filter oil regularly either through your filtration system or with hand-held skimmers.
- Don’t overfill your pans when topping up.
- Turn on ‘eco mode’ on your pans, or turn off, during quieter times.
- Wash chips thoroughly to ensure stretch levels are kept low.
- Ensure lids are put over pans when turned off.
Follow these tips to ensure your frying medium remains fresh and in optimum condition.
Frymax is the UK’s leading supplier of premium-grade frying oil for fish and chip shops. Get in touch to learn more about our sustainable palm oil.